Feuling Race Series Short Travel Hydraulic Lifters for '99-17 Twin Cam, '00-19 XL/XR 1200, '00-09 Buell
New revolutionary design with 0.115 inch of total travel vs. a full travel lifter with 0.200 inch and will increase rpm by decreasing valve float and valve-train harmonics while maintaining a quiet engine. The travel reduction reduces the amount of oil that is required to fill the inside of the lifter which reduces oil aeration in the lifter on steep, fast action high lift camshaft lobes.
Short travel lifters should be set with 0.065 inch - 0.070 inch of pre-load and with the normal engine growth from heat will put the operating lifter pre-load at or around half travel and are designed to limit the amount of oil needed to fill the internals of the lifter which results in less oil needed compared to a full travel or other style short travel lifters. The design drastically reduces aeration of the oil producing a fully filled lifter when the lifter rolls around to the front cam lobe ramp vs. having aerated oil and then the pushrod seat dropping when the lifter hits the front cam ramp after squeezing the aeration.
Machined from a steel body and designed to exceed the needs of large lift camshafts and higher valve spring pressures with a slower bleed down rate. Precision ground needle roller bearing with high chromium steel axle for long life and minimal friction. Cold forged extra long piston, precision ground and fitted for controlled leak down and pump up. High-flow disc style quick reacting check valve for better reaction at higher rpm.
- Race Series lifters maintain proper oil flow to the top end, increase engine rpm, valve-train stability, decreasing valve float promoting maximum valve lift
- Feuling recommends Race Series® lifters for engines running higher than 185 lbs. valve spring seat pressure
- Feuling recommends the use of a high volume oil pump which will result in quieter, better performing lifters
- Race Series lifters are compatible with either Feuling HP+ or Race Series® oil pumps and are designed for use with both street and strip engines
- Spin-Tron dyno developed and track proven
- Available in standard and oversized diameters
- Sold as a set of four
- Made in the U.S.A.